Sunday, October 16, 2016

Security+ Certification

I recently passed the CompTIA Security+ ce exam. I've never been much on certifications, but I decided to take this test to formalize some of my knowledge. 

About the Test

There were 72 questions and I had 90 minutes to complete the test. This was enough time to complete the test and to fully review all of the questions. A few of the questions were 'simulation' questions and the rest were multiple choice. 

To prepare, I purchased the CertMaster training, which can be bought as an add-on when you purchase your exam voucher.  https://certification.comptia.org/training/certmaster/security


The above training takes ~15 hours to complete the initial 702 practice questions. I took the initial training, reviewed concepts that I did not know, and reviewed missed questions twice before taking the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment